Headlines are one of the most important elements of an ad, as they’re the first thing potential customers will see. As such, it’s important to make sure that your headlines meet Google Ads editorial and professional requirements. Here are some tips to help you create headlines that will capture attention and draw in clicks:
- Keep It Short & Sweet – Your headline should be concise and to the point. Try to keep it under 25 characters if possible, as this is the maximum character limit for a headline on Google Ads. This will ensure that your message is clear and easy to read at a glance.
- Make It Relevant – Your headline should be relevant to your ad content so that customers know what they can expect when they click on it. If you’re promoting a product or service, make sure that this is clearly stated in the headline so people know what they’ll get when they click through.
- Include Keywords – Including keywords in your headline can help boost its visibility in search results pages, so make sure you include relevant terms where possible (e.g., “Buy Cheap Shoes Online”). Just remember not to stuff too many keywords into your headline; two or three should be enough!
- Avoid Repetition – Don’t use words or phrases more than once in your headline; this can lead to ads being disapproved by Google Ads editors due to duplication issues (e.g., “Cheap Shoes Online: Buy Cheap Shoes Online Now!”).
- Be Creative & Catchy – Finally, try to come up with something creative and catchy for your headlines; something that stands out from other ads and grabs people’s attention! A good way of doing this is by using humor or puns (e.g., “Put Your Best Foot Forward With Our Cheap Shoes!”).
Following these tips should help you create effective headlines for your Google Ads campaigns that meet both editorial and professional requirements while also helping you stand out from other advertisers on search engine results pages!