As a Google Ads expert, I am frequently asked about the various statuses that appear in an Ad campaign, especially in Video campaigns. One such status that often creates confusion is the “eligible” status.
So, let’s dive into the meaning of “eligible” status in Google Ads for Video Campaigns and explain what it means for your ads.
What is the Eligible status?
The “eligible” status in Google Ads indicates that your ad meets all the targeting criteria you have set up for your video campaign. In other words, eligible status confirms that your video ad is ready for delivery.
Once a video ad is approved by the Google Ads system, it goes through a process where it enters different statuses. The first status of a Video Ad is “pending,” which means that it is not yet approved for delivery. The second status is “eligible,” which means the video ad is now approved and ready for delivery.
In simple terms, the “eligible” status confirms that your ad is ready to be shown to viewers. Your ad has satisfied all the requirements and criteria set by Google, and it matches the search terms, geographic locations, languages, devices, and audience targeting you have set for your campaign.
However, even if it is marked as “eligible,” this doesn’t guarantee that your ad will be shown to every user immediately.
Why is my Video Ad still not delivering after it is eligible?
Just because your video ad is “eligible” doesn’t mean it will deliver right away. There are several reasons why your ad may still not show. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Ad Rank – Your ad must have a high Ad Rank to compete for views with other advertisers’ ads in the auction. Your Ad Rank is based on your bid, Ad Quality, and the expected impact of your extensions and formats.
- Budget – Having a low budget can also affect the delivery of your ad.
- Competition – The competition in your industry can affect how frequently your ads show.
- Delivery Method – The delivery method you’ve chosen can also impact the frequency of your ads’ display.
So, if you are facing difficulty with the delivery of your ads even if they are marked as “eligible,” you might want to check if your Ad Rank and budget are high enough to compete with other advertisers.
How to Resolve Issues with Eligible Video Ads
To run your video ads smoothly, you need to ensure that your ads are eligible and within the Google policy. To have eligible video ads that deliver without any interruption, you can follow these guidelines:
- Check your video ads and make sure they meet the Google Ads policies, and are approved.
- Ensure that you have set up your targeting and bidding parameters to achieve a high Ad Rank.
- Make sure that the video ad is monetized and contains no copyright issues.
- Try setting up more specific targeting to narrow down your audience.
- Ensure that your ad campaign has enough budget to compete in the auction.
- Use Google Ads detailed reporting to monitor and understand delivery insights about your ad and engagement metrics.
- If your ad is not delivering, consider creating a new ad or changing your targeting criteria.
In conclusion, the “eligible” status is an indication that your Video Ad is fully approved and ready for delivery. Once your video ad is ‘eligible,’ it means your video is no longer under the review process, and it is ready to compete in the auction for viewership. However, eligibility alone does not guarantee your ad will be shown to the audience right away. Make sure you take the listed steps to resolve the issues and successfully deliver your video ads. With the right approach and targeting, eligible video ads can ensure that you meet your advertising goals and drive more conversion to your business.