As a SEO specialist, one of the most important aspects of your job is proving to your clients that your efforts are making an impact on their website’s visibility and rankings. While it may be difficult to showcase the complex workings of search engine optimization to your clients in a way that is easy to understand, creating a well-designed SEO dashboard can effectively communicate the positive changes you are making to their website.
Here are some steps you can take to create an amazing SEO dashboard that will impress your clients and show off the hard work you have been doing:
Step 1: Determine Your Client’s Goals
Before you start designing your dashboard, it is important to understand your client’s goals for their website. This information will help you tailor your data and metrics to their specific needs.
For example, if your client is looking to increase organic traffic to their site, you may want to focus on metrics like keyword rankings, organic traffic sources, and click-through rates. If your client is interested in improving their local SEO, you may want to show them data on local rankings and maps pack visibility.
When you know what your client is looking for, you can make sure your dashboard showcases the data that matters most to them.
Step 2: Choose Your Metrics
Once you have an understanding of your client’s goals, it’s time to choose the metrics you will track on your dashboard. This will depend on your client’s objectives, as well as your own SEO strategy.
Some common metrics to consider include:
- Keyword rankings: Track the current rank of your client’s website for targeted keywords.
- Organic traffic: Show how much traffic is coming to the site from organic search.
- Click-through rate (CTR): Measure the percentage of clicks a page gets in relation to the number of times it was seen.
- Conversion rate: Track the percentage of visitors who take a desired action, like filling out a form or making a purchase.
- Backlinks: Monitor the number and quality of backlinks pointing to your client’s site.
- Social media engagement: Measure social media shares and likes, as well as follower growth.
Step 3: Choose Your Dashboard Tool
There are many tools available to help you create professional-looking dashboards, including SEMrush, Google Analytics, and Data Studio.
SEMrush offers a customizable dashboard with pre-built widgets that allow you to display any metric you want. With data from SEMrush, you can show your clients keyword rankings, organic search traffic, backlinks, and more.
Google Analytics is a powerful and widely-used analytics platform that can provide valuable data to include in your dashboard. Google Data Studio is a free platform that allows you to create fully customizable dashboards using data from Google Analytics and other sources.
Step 4: Design Your Dashboard
Once you have chosen your metrics and dashboard tool, it’s time to start designing. Your dashboard should be visually appealing and easy to understand.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use clear and concise labels for your metrics.
- Include informative charts and graphs to display your data. Avoid overwhelming your clients with large blocks of text.
- Make use of color-coding to highlight the most important data.
- Keep your goals in mind when designing your dashboard so that the most important metrics are emphasized.
Step 5: Keep Your Dashboard Up-to-Date
Once your dashboard is complete, it’s important to keep it up-to-date with the latest data. Depending on the tool you are using, you may be able to set up automatic updates that refresh the data on a regular basis.
Make sure to schedule regular check-ins with your clients to go over the dashboard and discuss any changes or updates you have made to their SEO strategy.
A well-designed SEO dashboard can make all the difference in proving the value of your SEO efforts to your clients. By following the above steps, you can create a professional-looking dashboard that showcases the data that matters most to your clients and demonstrates the positive impact you are making on their website’s visibility and rankings.